Loxicom 10ml (1.5mg/ml meloxicam)
Sale Price: $15.75
- Let us contact your vet for you
- Have your vet call or fax us
- Mail us the original prescription
What is Loxicom?
Loxicom is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory (NSAID) used to control pain and inflammation associated with osteoarthritis in dogs. Loxicom may also be used for purposes other than those listed here. This oral suspension comes with two sizes of dosing syringes to make administering easy for small and large dogs. Loxicom is requires a prescription from your veterinarian.
Dogs (6 months of age or older)
How it Works?
Loxicom works by reducing hormones that cause pain and inflammation in the body.
Store at room temperature. Keep out of the reach of children.
How to Use
Loxicom Oral Suspension is packaged with 2 sizes of dosing syringes. The small syringe is calibrated in 1-lb increments for use in dogs under 30 lbs. The large syringe is calibrated in 5-lb increments (up to 160 lbs) and should be used for dosing dogs that are 30 lbs and over. Only administer Loxicom with the provided syringes.
- Shake well before use, then remove cap.
- Attach the dosing syringe to the bottle by gently pushing the end onto the top of the bottle.
- Turn the bottle/syringe upside down. Pull the plunger out until the medication level corresponds to the dog's body weight in pounds.
- Turn the bottle right way up and with a twisting movement separate the dosing syringe from the bottle.
- Push the plunger to empty the contents of the syringe on food or directly in the mouth.
- Replace and tighten cap after use.
Loxicom can either be mixed with food or placed directly into the mouth. Particular care should be given with regard to the accuracy of dosing. For dogs under 30 lbs, use the smaller dosing syringe provided in the package. Round the dog's weight to the nearest 1-lb increment. For dogs 30 lbs and up, use the larger dosing syringe provided in the package. Round the dog's weight to the nearest 5-lb increment. Use the lowest effective dose for the shortest duration cnsistent with individual response. On the first day of treatment, administer 0.09 mg/lb body weight. For all treatments after, administer 0.045 mg/lb body weight.
|Pet||Weitht||Initial Dosage||Maintenance Dosage|
|Dogs||All weights||0.09 mg/lb body weight or as directed by your veterinarian.||0.045 mg/lb body weight daily or as directed by your veterinarian.|
Loxicom is for oral use in dogs only. Do not give to dogs that have a hypersensitivity to meloxicam. The safe use of Loxicom in dogs younger than 6 months, dogs used for breeding, or in pregnant or lactating dogs hasn't been evaluated. Do not give to cats.
The most common side effects of Loxicom include vomiting, diarrhea, and lack of appetite. Other less common side effects can include bloody stool, bleeding gums after dental procedure, lethargy, swollen knee, and excessive watering of the eye.